You can take a tour of the features of the Rocket Phonics Big Books. Select the 'Take a tour' icon and it will show you the different features you can use as part of the eBook player:
- Searching within the eBook
- Navigating through the table of contents
- Seeing a log of activity
- Accessing any resources related to the book, such as quizzes
- Accessing any flashcards that have been created
Any flashcards, annotations or bookmarks you create using the tools in the sidebar, will save when you close the book.
The Big Books have the same features as the other eBooks in Boost but in addition have:
- Flash cards or phonics games linked to most double pages
- Lozenges on the page which when selected say the sound in the lozenge
- Icons to launch these can be found in the bottom right-hand corner of the right-hand page
Displaying Big Books in full screen mode
To open your Big Book in full screen mode, open the Big Book, then use the full screen icon in the toolbar. To hide the browser bar as well, press F11 on your computer keyboard – this will make it completely full screen. To escape full screen mode, press F11 on your keyboard and full screen mode will end. For Mac it is control+command+F (Mac). If you want to use the audio toolbar in full screen mode, you will need to open it before you use the full screen icon.