Hodder Education Group software applications and data are stored in a secure network of advanced and secure data centers based in the UK.
Equipment and facilities are protected against fire, natural disasters, power failures, and other unexpected scenarios.
- Multiple levels of security allow elevated levels of control for maintenance personnel without compromising security.
- Built-in safeguards to prevent “Denial of Service” (DoS) attacks and ID spoofing are provided by load-balancing devices and services which are managed by the Hachette IT team from the UK.
- Annual UK CREST and CHECK certified penetration tests to audit the data security and compliance of our systems and processes
- We have two UK based Data Centres; a primary data center and secondary data center in case of an incident.
- Redundant electric power feeds for data centres are used from separate utility substations.
- Access to the Internet is obtained using multiple providers.
- Advanced fire control systems enable the detection of heat and smoke. Fire suppression using current and approved fire suppression systems operate both above and below the raised flooring
DATA CENTRE SECURITY
- Around-the-clock internal security monitoring is maintained with camera surveillance at all entry points.
- Card-key entry systems admitting only authorized personnel are continuously logged and monitored.
- Multi-zoned, multi-level keycard access controls and monitors all access into the data centers and internal areas.