How were the questions in Question Bank created?
All the questions in our Primary Question Bank were written by experienced primary curriculum and assessment practitioners and primary education experts who are experienced in new curriculum assessment and/or in developing KS1 and KS2 SATs. The questions were additionally reviewed by experts in test development and trialled and reviewed by a group of advisory schools. All questions have been quality-assured by Series Advisers Cornwall Learning (formally Cornwall Local Authority).
Our Secondary Question Bank’s author team is made up of a mix of education experts with experience as teachers, department heads, teacher trainers and examiners.
How does Question Bank improve on other test building sites available?
We asked a group of teachers why they thought Question Bank improved on other test building services available to schools. They told us:
- All questions have been written for the new national curriculum, so you can assess with confidence
- Questions draw on the correct vocabulary used in the national tests
- When saved and printed, the tests look professional and the marking guidance is clear
- You can easily filter by year, topic (and Rising Stars Progression Frameworks), making it easy to find the question you need
- New questions are regularly added to each of the banks