Please note: this option is only available to the Access Coordinator and Teacher Admins.
The CSV import provides a quick way to upload pupils in one go, using our CSV template.
You can download the template by going into blue 'Pupils' tab within the Admin Hub, selecting 'Import CSV', and then 'Download template':
This will download the template as a CSV file. Only the following columns in the CSV are mandatory to create pupil records:
A (Action), C (User Type), D (First name of the pupil), F (Last name of the pupil), G (Date of birth), H (Gender), and K (Access to Application)
You may leave everything else blank.
- Enter A (for ‘add’) in column A
- Enter S (for ‘student’) in column C
- Enter the first name of the pupil in column D
- Enter the last name in column F
- Enter the date of bith in column G. This must be in the format DD/MM/YYYY
- Enter F (for female) or M (for male) in column H
- Enter Y (for yes) in access to application in column K. This will make the pupil active within SNAP to assess. Enter N if you wish to add them to SNAP but do not yet want the record to be used for SNAP.
The example below highlights what the compulsory fields of the template would look like filled out:
Once you have completed your template, save the file to your desktop, and then go back to the Admin Hub. Choose 'Import CSV', choose the file, and then choose 'Upload'. Any errors in the file will be reported back to you, so that you can make any required amendments to the file before re-attempting the upload.