Students cannot see any Boost resources your school has subscribed to until they have been shared with them, including Boost eBooks.
This article will show you how to allocate Boost eBooks to your students.
For further guidance on Boost eBooks, see the articles below:
Before Sharing an eBook
Before you can share an eBook with a student, make sure they are listed under the Students > With Access tab of the Boost Admin Hub.
For guidance on adding new students to Boost and granting access to existing ones, see the section on Managing Student Accounts in Boost.
Sharing an eBook with Students
- Log in to Boost.
- Select Browse eBooks or click the eBooks icon on the sidebar.
- Click the triangular Share icon underneath the eBook you would like to allocate.
- Select Share within Boost or Generate a Weblink, depending on your preference.
- Sharing within Boost allows you to share with specific students, classes, or groups.
- If you generate a weblink, anyone who accesses the link and is registered with access to your Boost account will be able to use it to claim a copy. The link will automatically expire after 28 days or when all available copies have been claimed.
- Regardless of which option you choose, you will be prompted to copy in your colleagues to notify them of the share. This will allow them to view and edit the share in their Sharing History. Copy in any colleagues as desired and click Next.
- If you selected Share within Boost, choose the students, groups, or classes you would like to share the eBook with and click Done. If you selected Generate a Weblink, click Copy Link and then Done.
- You can paste a generated weblink anywhere you like--into an email or on to your school VLE, for instance.