Boost courses provide you with a bank of ready-made flexible resources, lesson planning tools, self-marking tests and assessment reports. Click 'Open a course' on the homepage, or click 'Courses' on the left-hand side menu, to access all courses:
The 'Courses' page is divided into three parts:
- My Courses (any courses your school has purchased)
- All Courses (all courses available to subscribe to on Boost)
Favouriting a course
Favourited courses are personal to each user's account. There is no limit to how many courses you can be favourited.
Click the star icon on a course title to add it to your Favourites:
Your favourited course will now appear at the top, under 'Favourites'.
Click on the star icon again to remove the course from your Favourites.
Accessing a Course
Click on a Course to access its contents:
The menu at the top of the Course page lets you easily move to a specific part of a Course:
Sharing a course
All registered staff members can access all Boost courses your school currently subscribes to.
You can share the whole course with students, if you want them to be able to access all resources at any time.
Please note: the students will need to be registered with their own Boost accounts to proceed.
1. Click the 'share' icon beside the course information:
If you're on the course homepage, you can find the 'share' icon on the course tile:
2. Review the sharing options; select whether you want to include certain resources and cc any teachers. Click 'Next':
3. Select the students you want to share the course with by selecting the tick-boxes by their names. You can select entire groups or classes under the applicable tabs, if you have already made these in the Admin Hub:
4. Click 'Done' to successfully share the course with your selected students. You can review what you've shared with students at any time by checking the 'Share Overview'.
Downloading and Uploading resources
1. Selects the arrow icon on the resource tile, to download a resource:
If you're previewing the resource, you can click the 'Download' button beneath the preview:
2. The resource will be downloaded to your device. This is usually located in your downloads folder, unless you specified another location.
1. Select 'My Resources' under the 'Resources' tab of your course:
2. Select 'Upload Resource' to open the below box. Either drag and drop files in or select 'Choose a file from your computer' to find your resource:
3. Edit the resource title, type and description of the uploaded resource. Choose 'Teacher-only resource' if you do not want students to have access to the resource. Click 'Next'.
4. Select at least one topic to map the resource to and click 'Save':
5. Your uploaded resource will now appear under 'My Resources'. You can favourite it, share it and add to lessons as is the same with any other existing resource:
You can also find your uploaded resources through the search function: