This article explains everything a user will need to know about Themes and Units within eduu.school, and the related articles will explore specific actions for Themes and Units:
eduu.school themes and units provide you with a bank of ready-made flexible resources, lesson planning tools and self-marking quizzes. You can access them by selecting 'Open a theme or unit' from the homepage, or from the left-hand side menu:
The 'Themes and units' page is divided into three parts: favourites, subscribed themes and units (those your school has purchased), and all themes and units (those available to subscribe too on eduu.school).
Favourited themes/units are personal to your account. You only see the themes/units you have favourited yourself. There is no limit to how many themes/units you can favourite.
To add a theme/unit to your favourites, select the star icon on the theme/unit tile:
Your favourited theme/unit will then appear at the top, under 'Favourites'. This can be useful if your school subscribes to many themes/units on eduu.school:
To remove a theme/unit from your favourites, click the star icon again.
Clicking on a theme/unit will take you into that theme/unit.
How to share a course
All registered staff members can access all eduu.school themes/units your school currently subscribes to.
You may want to share the whole theme/unit with students, so that they can access the resources themselves at any time.
Please note: the students will need to be registered with their own eduu.school accounts to proceed.
1. To share a theme/unit with students, select the 'share' icon beside the theme/unit information:
If you're on the theme/unit homepage, you can also do this by selecting the 'share' icon on the theme/unit tile:
2. Next, review the sharing options before deciding who you want to share the theme/unit with. You also leave them blank/at their defaults. When you're ready, select 'next':
3. Select the students you want to share the theme/unit with by selecting the tick-boxes by their name.
If you've made groups or classes in the Admin Hub, you can also select entire classes or groups under the applicable tab:
4. When you're ready to proceed, select 'Done'. The students selected will now have access to the theme/unit.
You can review what you've shared with students at any time by checking the 'Share Overview'.
Downloading and uploading resources
1. To download a resource to your device, select the arrow icon on the resource tile:
If you're previewing the resource, the download button is also beneath the preview:
2. The resource will be downloaded to your device. This is usually to your downloads folder, unless you specified another location for the download to be saved to.
You may want to upload your own resources, to keep all your teaching resources accessible in one place.
1. To do this, select 'My Resources' on the 'Resources' tab of your theme/unit:
2. Select 'upload resource'. You can now select the file you want to upload:
3. You can edit the title of the uploaded resource, and set the type and description.
Please note: if you do not set the resource to a Teacher-only resource, students who have access to the theme/unit will also have access to that resource.
If you do not want students to automatically have access to it, set it to Teacher-only:
4. Finally, you'll be asked to select at least one topic to map the resource to.
5. When you're happy with your choices, select 'save'.
Your uploaded resource will appear under 'My Resources'. You can treat it like any other resource, by favouriting it, sharing it with your students, adding it to a lesson and so on:
You can also find your uploaded resources through the search: